Look at the world

...of my creative life...

15 June 2005

I'm in! Secret pal, I'm here.

So, I did it. I signed up to secret pal 5. I was late, but I’m in now!

Here is a questionnaire.
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I’m not a snob, I use everything, but of course I prefer natural materials.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
Unfortinatally I can’t spin, but I love crocheting (and sewing also) I’m 19 now, and had my first crochet teacher when I was 13. Then, being 14 I stoped “all my crafts” and only in 18 started again. Now crafting is my passion.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
No, no problems with that.
4. How long have you been knitting?
If in total, about 3 years. But I don’t knit clothes, - just toys, sometimes vases… Well, last year I made a hat and now I’m persuading myself to crochet a scarf.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Well, I’m in Russia and it’s a problem for me to have a credit card (all that bank staff), so if I visit amazon, I stare at craftrelated items and become sad. So, I told myself not to visit. (although I looked for some Japanese craft books, just to catch ideas from covers.)
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Hhmm… I like fresh scents. Mint, tea-tree. Well, citrus is good too.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
No, I think I don’t. But I love chocolate.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I do love sewing, gardening, and I also like making plasticine pictures… or felt ones.
… and, is playing the piano a “do-it-yourself” thing? Well, I finished music school, so I do.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I have a lot (a LOT) of mp3’s in my computer. I don’t like pop music. Classics, new age or electronic is better. I also do listen to folk (for exampe, Irish, celtic) music and to so-called neo-folk.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I like black, yeallow, green. I don’t like blue. Dark is ok, but not light blue. I can’t say if I like exacly bright of pastel shades, each day is different.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I live with my mother, sometimes, I go to see my father J. I have a dog (you can see her with Cheburashka on the pic below), I also have a cat. I had fish, but now I don’t :)
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
I am a teacher in our (with my mother) home school. Our school is names “Dream”. So, I must know a lot about them, don’t I? J So, I’d like to find a husband (oh, my!), to raise a child. And more importunately, I want to grow, - not to regress, I mean, but to develop myself and to just “progress”. I want to learn new things, in a whole.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
I don’t have any.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Hmm, can’t think of anything but syntactics.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
To knit something difficult
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Easy ones :)
17. What are you knitting right now?
A vase-pot.
18. What do you think about ponchos?
Like them but not on myself
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Oh, I can’t manage needles, just crochet… But I have many-many needles left from my grand mother. Use them as a pointer on lessons sometimes .
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Ah! Love aluminum… and bamboo.
21. Are you a sock knitter?
Only for dolls. But my mother often tells me to make slippers… they are like short socks :)
22. How did you learn to knit?
As I said, I had a teacher. But that was long ago and after a break I had to teach myself. Used i-net tutorials.
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
What a pity, I don’t know what UFO is.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Animated character is Cheburashka and some other russian heros. And I like birds on a whole.
25. What is your favorite holiday?
New Year and Teacher’s day.
26. Is there anything that you collect?
I collect fabrics, yarns, but they seem to dissapear pretty fast. :)
I also collect notes for piano. Books and rare movies (I have a shelf with dvd’s). I also collect buttons and pins.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Don’t have any.
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
I love books. Craft ones… and just literature. I prefer serious books. J And I also read fairy-tales.
So, I'm waiting for my secret pal !!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home